Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with Recover a NetWare 6.5 Cluster Resource Volume

2006-03-21 10:53:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with Recover a NetWare 6.5 Cluster Resource Volume
From: George Raetzke <A02GAR1 AT WPO.CSO.NIU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:15:04 -0600
I was just fighting that error message last week, however I wasn't on a
clustered box.  What I was seeing is that the networkr client 7.2 seems
to take the primary ip address of the server, and looks up the dns name
associated to it (in my case that was in the sys:etc/hosts file), and
uses the first part of the dns name (is server.place.com, it would use
'server'), to talk to the TSA.  However if this does not match the
server name the tsa is using, then it can't connect to the TSA.  In my
case I was able to change my sys:etc/hosts file entry from something
like:

123.123.123.123 www.websitename.edu realservername

123.123.123.123 realservername www.websitename.edu

and then restarted the client and it then was able to attach to the TSA
correctly.

Sidenote: But changing this broke my zenworks for servers, so I had to
then fix that...

Now I have not troubleshot this on any of my clustered box yet, so you
might have to work this a bit futher.

I was also going to check into if there was a command line way of
telling the client which name it should be using, because that would be
better in my opinion then trying to guess based off dns.

George A. Raetzke, CNE & LPIC-1
Senior Systems Programmer
Enterprise System Support
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL  60115
graetzke AT niu DOT edu
815-753-8549

>>> almhund AT ALMHUND DOT DE 3/16/2006 11:15:04 AM >>>
Hello all,

I have got an NetWare 6.5 Cluster with Networker 7.2 with the EMC
Jumbo
Patch. Now today i want to recover a part of an Virtual Ressource. But
when
i choose the Virtual Node to recover i got this messages "Cannot make a
TSA
connection".

Can someone help me??

Thanks and Best regards

Martin Hofmann

###############################
# Martin Hofmann              #
# Quellenweg 3                #
# 91459 Markt Erlbach         #
# Telefon: 09106 / 92 54 52   #
# Mobil: 0170 / 96 03 765     #
# Mail: hofmann.martin AT odn DOT de #

body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems