Networker

[Networker] Nightmare scenario

2006-03-20 05:44:05
Subject: [Networker] Nightmare scenario
From: Per Kristiansen <per AT GATHERING DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:39:30 +0100
We just finished ALOT of material in one go, so I thought time for an
out-of-cycle backup.

3.5TB at 11-16MB/s..whippy!

I fire it up and everything seems good, for a while.

on sunday I get THE phone , due to a SERIOUSLY faulty powersupply the UPS and
everything on it
was knocked out, heck it even tried to kill me later on. This of course broke
the backup.
AND the system I was backing up.

Now my question is this, the saveset is flagged as aborted, is there anyway I
can see what files
is in the saveset and can I recover it.

I have been reading up in scanner and are running scanner -iv on the saveset to
try and recover some client index.

can anyone help ?

oh btw: if you know a wizard in LVM2 that can help rebuild a lost partition
table on a RAID5 then
please drop me an email, this is a paid job btw.

--
Per Kristiansen
per AT gathering DOT org