Networker

[Networker] NMSAP - what's in the savesets?

2006-03-15 12:07:52
Subject: [Networker] NMSAP - what's in the savesets?
From: Gaddy <xy.0815 AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:04:28 -0500
Hello,

recently we faced a problem with BRRESTORE, restoring a whole database.
Although the the las recent backup finished without any errors,
BRRESTORE did not find some of the datafiles:

>Starting batch recover with pid 4060 at Mar 11 02:13:10:
>G:\Oracle\P11\SAPDATA4\btabd_38\BTABD.DATA38 not in index
>Recover with pid 4060 completed at Mar 11 02:13:12
>
>#NOTFOUND G:\ORACLE\P11\SAPDATA4\BTABD_38\BTABD.DATA38

Finally we managed to restore the database from an offline backup,
but a question still remains:

How can I find the "oracle data files" in the (NetWorker?) index,
since NetWorker only stores 'buckets' of the whole database
named "BACKINT:<SID>"?

Should I give 'nsrinfo' a try?

If this is possible at all, the efforts are enormous.
With "SAVESETS = 400" set in init<SID>.utl I have to do this 400 times,
to verify the existence of one/all "oracle data file(s)".

Better ideas to verify the existence of a datafile in a 'backint'-backup
are very welcome. (NetWorker tool kit or BR*-tools)

Thanks -sg-
--
Steffen Gattert; VISIOPLANT Hamburg