Networker

Re: [Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system

2006-03-10 09:15:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system
From: "Dewhirst, Rob" <dewey AT KU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:11:39 -0600
> If these tapes come from a DLT8000 drive and you are trying
> to use them in a DLT7000 drive then Networker will not be
> able to. I did manage to do this some years ago with a
> standalone DLT drive and some demo Unix software. Can't
> remember the details now I'm afraid...

They tapes are from a DEC TZ89.  I did read that my newer VS80 drive has
some compatibility issues with tapes formatted on older systems, but my
specific drive is not mentioned.

I agree with the couple of people who point to hardware issues, not
Networker, and I thank everyone for their help so far.