Networker

[Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system

2006-03-07 12:34:51
Subject: [Networker] reusing tapes from another networker system
From: "Dewhirst, Rob" <dewey AT KU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:33:46 -0600
I am trying to reuse some tapes from a different networker installation.

If I simply try to relabel the tape, Networker Admin tries and and
eventually generates an error:

NetWorker media: (warning) \\.\Tape0 reading: read open error: drive
status is There is not a tape in the drive

If I try to mount the tape, it just spits it back out because it's not
in any media pool.

this is on win2003 server, networker 7.1.4.

I don't have a degausser, which would have been my first choice.