Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.21 nsrmmdbd.<date>.x file question.

2006-03-02 12:29:22
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.21 nsrmmdbd.<date>.x file question.
From: "Duross, Theresa (DET)" <TDuross AT DETMA DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:25:04 -0500
Networker 7.2.1 on Solaris 8 has suffered a crash.  With Legato Support's
assistance it was determined that an  mmrecov -v needed to be done to get
the server back on line.  At this time I need to recover some disk space in
order to execute nsrim -X and nsrck -L6 to continue with the recovery.

I have come across the following information in the /nsr/cores/nsrmmdbd
folder.  Does anyone know what this information could be?  What I need to
know is whether or not it needs to be saved.  It is using up a lot of needed
disk space.  From the timestamp I can see it happened at or about the time
of the crash.  Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--Teri

server] nsrmmdbd > pwd

/nsr/cores/nsrmmdbd

[server] nsrmmdbd > ls -la

total 25591158

drwx------   2 root     other        512 Feb 28 16:06 .

drwx------  14 root     other        512 Nov 22  2002 ..

-rw-r--r--   1 root     other          8 Sep 16  2002 .nsr

-rw-------   1 root     root     2152132892 Feb 28 14:45 nsrmmdbd.02.28.06

-rw-------   1 root     other    2152509764 Feb 28 14:49 nsrmmdbd.02.28.06.0

-rw-------   1 root     other    2152132932 Feb 28 14:54 nsrmmdbd.02.28.06.1

-rw-------   1 root     other    2152509764 Feb 28 14:57 nsrmmdbd.02.28.06.2