Networker

Re: [Networker] Skip Directive does not work

2006-02-24 09:49:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Skip Directive does not work
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:44:51 -0500
Doesn't this directive skip the entire C: drive?   The ignore
tells it not to read local directives (.nsr files) in the system32
directories but your skipping them anyway?

One solution may be to simply list your 2 system32 directories as savesets?

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:30:22 -0500, Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT

wrote:

>Hello,
>I have a issue on windows client\server.
>I have designed following directive, it does skip windows rood C:\ files
>however, when the directive is suppose to ignoor and allow backups of
>certain subdirectories it fails, any thing wrong with my directive ?
>EXAMPLE:
><<"C:\">>
>     +skip: * .*
><<"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32">>
>ignore
><<"C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32">>
>ignore
>
>I have used both forget and ignore, both dont work as designed, tried
>putting directories in quote, without quote etc.
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems