Networker

Re: [Networker] how to speed up save process

2006-02-23 10:14:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to speed up save process
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:10:29 -0500
Run a bigasm test on your backup server/storage node (bigasm test details
in EMC performance guide) this will show if you can obtain more than 3MB/s
if this is ok then run the test on your networker client, this should
indicate if there is a network issue. If both are ok stick the biggest
file you can onto the client disk and backup just that file.
Between them these tests should indicate the problem area.