Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape drive issue

2006-02-23 01:36:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape drive issue
From: Christo Papadoulis <Christo.Papadoulis AT ITSQUAD DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:33:46 +0100
Please read in the admin guide about dds and block size.
You will find the information how set correct the block size.

Christo

Steven Frost wrote:
Hi - we have 2 sites , one a W2K3 (SP1) storage node with a MSL5026 library , and the Legato W2K3 standard server with a MSL5052 library. Both libraries have 2 sdlt320 tape drives. The drives attached to the server show 128K block size, but the storage node devices are only 64K. Tapes written via the server cannot be read on the storage node device if we lose the other library. I have run scanner on such a tape and it fails immediately. What should I be looking at to get the storage node devices configured the same as the server devices? BTW these are both SAN attached -
 fiber switched etc.

"signoff networker" in the

Christo Papadoulis ITsquad GmbH & Co. KG
t office:      +49 (0) 8131 27 20 62 4
t mobil:       +49 (0) 172 89 51 43 3
t home office: +49 (0) 89 93 93 06 09

"signoff networker" in the