Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Server and RHEL4

2006-02-19 11:31:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Server and RHEL4
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:27:20 +0100
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Scott Russell wrote:

SR> I'm curious what the status of Networker and RHEL4 on i386 is. I think I saw
SR> that Legato now claims this is a support combination for servers but I also
SR> think I heard something about requiring a 2.4 kernel on a RHEL4 box? Is this
SR> accurate? Any experiences running a Networker server on RHEL4 yet?

There was some confusion about wether SLES9 was supported as well, since
the documentation claims that only kernel 2.4 is supported with SLES9, but
SLES9 doesn't ship with a 2.4 kernel. If RHEL4 ships with a 2.6 kernel
only, then I'm pretty sure that it is supported. However, tests have shown
that the real world support doesn't differ much anyway.

//Oscar