Networker

Re: [Networker] sizing a Sun server for a 4xLTO3 tape library

2006-02-15 12:23:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] sizing a Sun server for a 4xLTO3 tape library
From: Paul Esson <Paul.Esson AT REDSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:21:44 -0000
Folks,

One word of caution, Gigabit Ethernet is resource intensive.  If you are
seriously considering using 4 x Gigabit interfaces that will take a lot
of processing power.

What is the bus architecture on this server?  I would also be looking at
the number of buses and the backplane bandwidth.  You will want to
separate those drives across as many buses as you can.

Regards,

Paul Esson
Senior Consultant
Redstor Limited

Direct:          +44 (0) 1224 595381
Mobile:         +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:         paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:            www.redstor.com

REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
UK
AB11 5AR

Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and
is intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Disclosure to any party other than the addressee,
whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or
confidentiality.