Networker

Re: [Networker] sizing a Sun server for a 4xLTO3 tape library

2006-02-15 10:18:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] sizing a Sun server for a 4xLTO3 tape library
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:17:09 -0500
Since Legato 7.3 is certified for Solaris X86 64-bit for Solaris 10, I
would imagine a Sun Fire X4200 with 2 x Opteron 275 chips would be an
ideal server. First, the 4 x AMD cores would be a lot faster than the
current sparc chipset. Second, it has 4 gigabit ethernet ports built in.
Third it has 5 PCI-X slots which are a considerable upgrade over Sun's
PCI slots. Finally, with 4 GB ram and 2x 73GB drives, it lists for
$6300...

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
Dir of Operations  | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA LLC            | Phone: 914-460-4039
www.otaotr.com     | Fax: 914-460-4139