Networker

[Networker] Large shared drive environment

2006-02-08 08:21:13
Subject: [Networker] Large shared drive environment
From: Vernon Harris <harriv00 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 04:24:27 -0800
All,
We have a large shared environment currently with 64
storage nodes.  When we attempt to add the 65 storage
node, we notice that previously configured nodes start
to lose drives.  When we do an inquire, that is when
we
see drives missing from the configuration.

We are using a stk700 library with LTO-2 drives (qty
14).  Fiber drives and robotics.  Server types are Sun
and win2k.  HBA is qlogics 2340.  Switches are brocade
12000, 3800 and 3900.  This is a tape san only.

When the 65th server is removed, all drives are again
viewable using inquire.

I would like to start with hba settings.  Does anyone
have hba settings that are working for you in a large
environment.  (Larger than 64).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.