Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo - Total backup size for Master Server

2006-02-07 11:22:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo - Total backup size for Master Server
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:07:22 -0800

> This has probably been answered 100 times, but could someone give me the
> mminfo command to provide backup size for a given master server?
> Total?

For a day?  Week?  Forever?

Do you care about everything on tape, or just the amount that is valid
for a restore?

> I did search the archives, and found a lot of entries, but seems to go
> into scripts, peoples reporting tool, etc. etc.

That's because the mminfo doesn't really have much facility for
summarizing data, just displaying it.  You need to add things up
externally.  Fortunately for something like this, the "script" you use
can be pretty simple.

For total backups (including aborted/incomplete and expired images)...

mminfo -av -r 'totalsize' | perl -lne '$sum+=$_; END {print "$sum bytes";}'

Stick a -t timespec on mminfo to limit the information to be since that
point.  You can use an absolute time like '05/01', or relative like
'last week'.