Networker

Re: [Networker] SLOW NETWORKER ADMIN PERFORMANCE

2006-02-07 03:10:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] SLOW NETWORKER ADMIN PERFORMANCE
From: Rich H <nsradmin AT HERSCHY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:08:58 +0000
This is probably being caused by the nwadmin GUI collecting (or attempting to
collect) all of the comment fields from each resource.  You can disable it by
starting nwadmin with the -p switch - so nwadmin -p -s servername for example.

In our environment this takes connect time, and general response time, from
around 20-30 minutes to connect to large index servers to less than 1 minute.

Quoting "Howard, Patrick" <Patrick_Howard AT ANNTAYLOR DOT COM>:

I have had an issue for quite some time now and will open a ticket with
my support, but thought I would bounce it off the group.

We get the ping ponging effect with Networker trying to connect to our
server.  It can last for up to 20 minutes, then you are in and as soon
as you go to edit a client, or a group or anything, it again, just
posts, and you have to wait.

Networker - 7.1.3 (We do have a CR to upgrade to 7.2 soon)

OS on Master Server - Win 2K Server

CPU is quiet

NIC is 1Gbps

Server has been rebooted (5 days ago).

It is very frustrating as it takes an hour to do something that should
take 5 minutes.

Patrick Howard
Ann Taylor
476 Wheelers Farm Road
Milford, CT 06460
(203) 283-8772 direct
(646) 660-0426 mobile
(203) 878-3836 fax
Patrick_Howard AT anntaylor DOT com
www.anntaylor.com <http://www.anntaylor.com/>

The information in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it (including any attachments) is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, all attachments, and any copies thereof from your system and destroy any printout thereof.

The information in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it (including any attachments) is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, all attachments, and any copies thereof from your system and destroy any printout thereof.

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems wit this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

"signoff networker" in the