Networker

Re: [Networker] auto detected scsi stackers under rhel304

2006-02-01 22:29:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] auto detected scsi stackers under rhel304
From: Charles Weber <weberc AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:26:31 -0500
Most the linux guys seem to use either LSI with kernel drivers or
adaptec with adaptec website drivers. I have both with qualstar and
overland libraries. There was a thread on the list about a guy using the
LSI card in raid version where he ended up flashing it to the non-raid
version to make it work. Unless you are running 7.3, you will want a 2.4
kernel for legato and tape libraries. Make sure scsi generic module (sg)
is loaded and install mtx. Then you can verify whether the library works
before you install Legato. HP raid (cciss) has a kernel option for tape
drives, but I could not get it to work reliably with our libraries.
Don't know about the I2O controller.