Networker

[Networker] Checking Data Integrity...

2006-02-01 03:40:32
Subject: [Networker] Checking Data Integrity...
From: Srinivas Rao <rsrini AT BLR.PIN.PHILIPS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:07:12 +0530
Dear Networkers,
As part of our restoration policy, I need to check the data integrity by
restoring previously backedup data from tape  to a sample restoration server
every month. Could anyone let me know how to restore SQL database in a directed
recovery method to sample restoration server? Please note that SQL database to
be restored is always accessed  by users and I cannot ask my users to logoff to
perform this activity. Which method is suitable for me to restore SQL database
to another server(sample restoration server) without affecting users connected
to SQL server and the original database? We are using Networker Module for
SQL3.11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Srinivas Rao S,
Networker Server Administrator,
Philips Software Centre,