Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating Platform Windows to Linux RHEL

2006-01-30 16:31:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating Platform Windows to Linux RHEL
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:27:39 -0600
I'm running Legato Networker v7.1.4 on Linux RHES platform and just confirmed
recently with Red Hat Support that the Red Hat kernel doesn't have native
support for IBM LTO-2. So if you have LTO tape drives in your library better
make sure with Red Hat first if they have the native drivers, otherwise you
will need to download from your tape manufacturer and apply it to your existing
kernel.

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> jaserena AT MAIL.FUJITSU DOT ES 30/Jan/2006 7:08:11 am >>>

Hello all,

We are currently running Legato Networker 7.1.3 on Windows 2000 Advanced
Server but we are migrating the networker server to linux environment and
update Legato Networker 7.3. In this moment, Storage Nodes and Clients are
Linux operanting system with 7.1.3 Netowrker version. We backed up with
D2D2T strategy.

Could anyone let me know what is involved in this whole process, if they
had already been through this procedure. Procedures or steps documents will
be helpful.

Does Legato support this migration?

Thanks

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.

As of January 20, any e-mails addressed
to "cityregina.com" will not be delivered.