Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating Platform Windows to Linux RHEL

2006-01-30 08:46:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating Platform Windows to Linux RHEL
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:38:39 -0500
On Jan 30, 2006, at 8:08 AM — 1/30/06, Jose Antonio wrote:

Hello all,

We are currently running Legato Networker 7.1.3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server but we are migrating the networker server to linux environment and update Legato Networker 7.3. In this moment, Storage Nodes and Clients are Linux operanting system with 7.1.3 Netowrker version. We backed up with
D2D2T strategy.

Could anyone let me know what is involved in this whole process, if they had already been through this procedure. Procedures or steps documents will
be helpful.

Does Legato support this migration?

Not sure. It should work, but you may have to go through some tricks to bridge the difference in how the database files are stored on the two file systems. If I were you though, I would give serious consideration to separating out your server upgrade from your server migration. Those should be treated as two separate projects. I would do the migration first, then wait two or three weeks before doing the upgrade. That way, if something goes wrong with the migration, you'll have a clearer picture of what that might be rather than having possible upgrade issues complicate matters.

"signoff networker" in the