Networker

Re: [Networker] Unloading drives that are not loaded

2006-01-27 02:50:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unloading drives that are not loaded
From: Tim Verbois <Tim.Verbois AT ET.VLAANDEREN DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:47:23 +0100
Hello Adam,

we had the same problem with our Scalar 1000.  Now, it's out of
production, but, we were using the Networker version from FSC and there
you have the option:

     -y   This option is used in conjunction with  the  -f  media
          device  option,  to correct the jukebox resource. If no
          tag is  specified,  the  attributes  'loaded  volumes',
          'loaded  barcodes' and 'loaded slots' are set to "" for
          the specified device.  If a tag is  specified,  'loaded
          volumes' and 'loaded barcodes' for the specified device
          are set to tag, 'loaded slots' is set to  the  position
          of  tag  in the attribute 'STL barcodes'.   The command
          is usefull, if the jukebox resource  does  not  reflect
          the  reality,  eg  the device is not loaded but 'loaded
          volumes' etc. are filled or vice versa.

to nsrjb.  So you can use:

# nsrjb -y -f /dev/rmt/1ubn

or

# nsrjb -y -f /dev/rmt/1ubn M04385

if you want to correct the drive status to that tape.  This option was
very important for us sometimes, before that, we had to shut down
networker, and manually adjust the tape drive settings in de nsrdb and
nsr.res files.

Maybe there is something simular on other systems?

Tim

--
Tim Verbois
EDS-Telindus