Networker

Re: [Networker] Using DDS in an ACSLS environment

2006-01-26 10:34:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Using DDS in an ACSLS environment
From: Pat DeCelie <pdecelie AT SIAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:33:43 -0500
Vernon

Regarding the backup problem you are having, check a couple of things:
For the backup, the Storage nodes parameter for the client to be the host
that has the drive(s) you want.  Also, set the device affinity under Pools
->devices to the machine:drive combination that you want to you.
Otherwise, it will grab the first available.

>We were able to label some tapes, but the library is
>acting up a little.  When labeling a tape, it is going
>to a DDS (shared device) rather than a local one on
>the Networker server.  When running a backup on a
>storage node, it tried to mount a tape on the
>Networker server rather than the local device.

>Should networker behave as described in the paragraph above?

Let me know if it helps,
Pat