Networker

[Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not working Help Urgent

2006-01-24 18:35:12
Subject: [Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not working Help Urgent
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:31:44 -0500
Hello
I have new FC attached Drives on Adic i2000\IBM tape drives.
I am unable to get networker funtionality working, either loading
drives\lable backups etc.
1. All known versions of IBM tape drives for windows 2003 64 bit were
tried, none working.
2. This is Dell PE 6850 server, SP1 for W3k.
3. Qlogic QLE 2462 Drivers.
 FC mapping have 8 drives with lun 0 for control path not being used by any
other drives on any other HBA configured to use lun 0.
we removed all drives but one in ADic i2000 and did jbconfig
the wizard discoverd more then one drive, with first drive at \\.\Tape0 he
wanted to configure addtional drives, when we only assigned one.
What are the recomendation in this senario, what troubleshooting we should
do, how can we verify the connectivety on FC and between i2000.
Any one has seen something similar ?
Any suggestions, Any issues with drivers on 64 bit os and IBM\ADIC?
all help is welcome
Thanks
Shoulnt this output have tape manufacturers name in it <> ?
Why does FC drive order keep changing on rebooting server when persistant
binding on FC cards is enabled.
:\>tapes
[email protected]:\\.\Tape3 is <>
[email protected]:\\.\Tape4 is <>