Networker

Re: [Networker] networker for netware 7.2 and BSDSOCK abends

2006-01-23 13:04:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker for netware 7.2 and BSDSOCK abends
From: George Raetzke <A02GAR1 AT WPO.CSO.NIU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:01:41 -0600
This was not a problem with hyperthreading, it is a problem in the
bsdsock nlm and any multiple processors.  There is a newer tcp/ip stack
that fixed that problem, however you don't want to go newer, you
actually want to go older.  If you go newer you will run into different
problems with rpc timeout and backups restarting.

You want to install tcp659j.exe,  If you don't have a copy of that one
laying around let me know and I can e-mail it to you...

George A. Raetzke, CNE & LPIC-1
Senior Systems Programmer
Enterprise System Support
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL  60115
graetzke AT niu DOT edu
815-753-8549

>>> honnold AT STARKEY DOT COM 1/23/2006 10:56:22 AM >>>
Is there a resolution to this issue?
Is it a Legato client issue or a Netware issue?

Thanks,
joe.