Networker

Re: [Networker] How to save multiple paths?

2006-01-20 16:51:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to save multiple paths?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:48:54 -0800
> To get around this, I have another pool that is not subject to
> recycling, and I use it just for the gzipped files. In other words, no
> volumes in that pool are ever recycled. So, I later come along and back
> up the same gzipped files to this pool, but I'm tired of having to list
> all the sundry names in the save set listing for the given client nsr
> resource in the GUI. Up until now, I've been manually listing all of
> them, and then since the client's parallelism is set to 4, it send 4
> separate streams to tape at a time, and since each was listed separately
> in the save set list, I then see each listed as a separate entry in save
> set recover, which is what I want -- all fine and well.

Rather than using the GUI, it might be possible to script something from
the output of 'nsrinfo' for the filenames.

> have to edit the save set list every time I want to run a new batch.
> Instead, I'd like a script that I'd run on the client that would figure
> out which ones have not been backed up and then it backs them up, BUT
> taking advantage of the client's parallelism so it's not just running
> one at a time like it would if they were all listed in an input file. In
> this case, it would instead run 4 at a time, assuming there were at
> least 4, and as soon as one is done, it launches the next, always
> keeping 4 running at a time until its finished.

Yeah.  I don't think anything on the server is going to prevent
acceptance of the save streams like it would if you hit the server
parallelism number.

> Are you sure you're not referring to
> the 'No Index save' option on the group ? The GUI help states that this
> controls whether or not the index is written to tape.

Yes, that's what I was talking about.  Sorry.