Networker

Re: [Networker] Recover SQL data using scanner

2006-01-20 15:45:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recover SQL data using scanner
From: John Hope-Bailie <Johnhb AT CHANNELDATA.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:08:43 +0200
Update on this issue.

I am happy to report that NetWorker will, in fact, mount tapes which
have no headers. It spends some time synhronising with the blocks it
finds and then the tape is ready for use.

I used mminfo to check the tape position of the data I needed.
(mediafile, mediarec).

Then using scanner I verified that starting filemark of the tape was
lower than the tape position of the data (i.e. the data was on the tape
and had not been overwritten)

Then restored the data.

John Hope-Bailie
E-mail:    johnhb AT channeldata.co DOT za