Networker

[Networker] save.exe hogging processor to 100%

2006-01-09 07:31:27
Subject: [Networker] save.exe hogging processor to 100%
From: "Kilpatrick, Mark" <mark.kilpatrick AT SABEO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:24:18 -0000
Hi, I have a windows 2000 server that has been running the legato client
7.2 for some time without issues. Two weeks ago the OS backup has
started to fail to backup and the processor is being run at 100+ACU-. There
are four save.exe running and they are causing the processor to run at
100+ACU-. I cannot kill these processes. The only solution is to reboot the
server.

When the OS backup starts it does not fail. It just sits there saying
that it is running and never times out but does not backup anything. It
does not appear to be a security issue and I have backed up one single
test fiel successfully but then the second test faield with the same
error. The strange thing is that the exchange database backs up
correctly.

I have seen this happen on one other server two weeks ago but the
problem has not reoccurred.

Any know issues or similar instances of this problem occurring?

Thanks, Mark

Due to continued expansion Sabeo Technologies have moved office +IBM-  to The
Courtyard, Carmanhall Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18.  Our telephone and fax
numbers remain unchanged. A location map is available on our website
www.sabeo.com.

Sabeo Technologies.

presence of computer viruses.