Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato 7.3

2006-01-03 02:28:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato 7.3
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:26:10 +0200
> Yes, because the wizards were a left over from another aborted GUI
> development that sucked huge amounts of manpower and didn't do the job.

That I would call incompetence.
Qt can do everything that JAVA can and better ;-)

Finally managed to get a working installation of 7.3 up and
running. Had to remove the check for installed JRE version
in the startup page as it for some reason failed even if everything
was installed.

The JAVA code is unusable because of it's slowness when run on
the NMC server but displaying the window on a remote X-server,
this like most JAVA programs I have seen so far.
Using it locally on the server I like most of the functionality I have seen so
far though.

IMHO the JAVA decision was a HUGE mistake...

Dag