Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato 7.3

2006-01-02 17:37:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato 7.3
From: Siobhan Ellis <Siobhan.Ellis AT ENSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:33:31 +1100
you need an update license for 7.3, as it is a MAJOR update. Even though
major versions are supposed to be a .0 or a .5

Siobhan

Siobhán Ellis
Principal Technology Consultant
ENSTOR Pty Ltd
Level 10, 118 Alfred St
Milsons Point
NSW 2061
Australia

Mobile: +61 424 750 544
Phone: +61 2 9900 2100
Fax: +61 2 9900 2199
e-mail: siobhan.ellis AT enstor.com DOT au
web: http://www.enstor.com.au

Oscar Olsson wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Davina Treiber wrote:
>
> DT> Raphael Meyerowitz wrote:
> DT> > I hear that 7.3 is going to be released today.  Has anyone go a
link to
> DT> > download the GA version?  I have a pre-GA release.
> DT>
> DT> ftp://ftp.legato.com/pub/eval/2005Q4/ looks extremely promising. I
also
> DT> didn't expect to see a version 7.1.4 there - didn't even know there
was
> DT> going to be one.
>
> And as usual the download links are not reflected on the patches&updates

> page.. *sigh*

Actually they are. 7.1.4 being a patch release IS listed on that page.
7.3 is not a patch release so is not there, but if you go to the eval
request page it is included in the versions you can request.

Although the logic behind this thinking is slightly flawed (i.e. you can
have a patch release that is nevertheless a full installation package
but you can't have a major release), it is in fact consistent with
Legato's normal practice.

type
"signoff networker" in the
if