Networker

[Networker] Help with Directive Format / Wildcard Syntax Please

2005-12-29 10:38:31
Subject: [Networker] Help with Directive Format / Wildcard Syntax Please
From: "Jones, Stephen (East Kilbride) [OS-IE]" <CHRISTOPHER.JONES AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:34:16 -0800
Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me the syntax of a directive to do the
following...

Starting from root, skip all files that end in ".dbf", but don't apply the
skip to those .dbf files that start with "arch".

As an example in the list of files below, I want to skip "file1.dbf" and
"file2.dbf", but not skip "arch1.dbf" and "arch2.dbf".

file1.dbf
file2.dbf
arch1.dbf
arch2.dbf

We thought about tackling this by applying the skip first, and then adding
in a forget so that the skip didn't apply to files starting with
"arch*.dbf", but the forget only seems to apply to directories.

<< / >>
        +skip: *.dbf

<< /arch*.dbf >>
        forget";

The above does not work.

Is there a wildcard format for the skip command that would do the equivalent
of the following ls command in unix?

ls !(arch*).dbf

If anyone can suggest a way of achieving this kind of directive skip I would
be grateful for your feedback.

Many Thanks,
Stephen