Networker

Re: [Networker] Encryption

2005-12-21 13:38:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Encryption
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:35:39 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Encryption, Kathleen said (at 1:23pm on Dec 21, 2005):

Is anybody using Encryption software outside of Legato?  ie:  NeoScale or
Decru?  Be interested to hear about anybody's experiences.

Are you talking about over the wire, or on tape?  We're currently
experimenting with IPSec with some of our clients for over the wire
encryption.  We're not currently doing any encryption as data goes to
tape.  We're in the early phases of our IPSec experiments, and don't
have any performance comparisons.

Note that NetWorker 7.3 will include significant changes in both the
ability to encrypt over the wire and on tape.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the