Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrexecd dies on Solaris

2005-12-20 06:17:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrexecd dies on Solaris
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:51:10 +0000
Dave Mussulman wrote:
I've got a problem client running Networker 7.1.2 on a Solaris 8 Ultra2.
When I run nsrexecd, only one process starts (instead of the usual two)
and then the process dies off 30-60 seconds later.  I'm not seeing
anything in the system or nsr logs on the client to tell why this is
happening, and it doesn't look like nsrexecd has any debugging flags.
Any hints on troubleshooting this?

nsrexecd does have debug flags, as do most of the NetWorker daemons. The -D param followed by a number (1 to 9) will give various levels of debugging output, and also prevent the daemon from backgrounding itself. It also passes this flag to any other daemons spawned. Beware, the output can be rather large...

"signoff networker" in the