Networker

Re: [Networker] quick file recover help please

2005-12-15 21:41:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] quick file recover help please
From: Matthew Robert <Matthew.Robert AT AU.EY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:38:31 +1100
This email is to be read subject to the disclaimer below.

I make it a habit to backup my indexes once a week. I shutdown the legato
services and backup the legato install directory. mIt has saved me once or
twice and is much easier than scanning in hundreds of tapes.

Cheers,
Matt

Matthew Robert | Data Backup & Retention Administrator | Ernst & Young
Services Pty Limited | Direct: (02) 9248 4784 | Fax: (02) 9248 5316
E-mail: matthew.robert AT au.ey DOT com | Please note our new address: Ernst &
Young Centre, 680 George Street, Sydney 2000
Catch up on the latest E&Y news at http://www.ey.com/au

Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
16/12/2005 01:28 PM
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please
respond to
Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] quick file recover help please

There are a couple of quick ways I can think of...

First way, blunt force....    Do a saveset recover of the file....

recover -d /var/tmp/recovertest -S {ssid}  {pathspec}

Second way.... Use scanner as per manpages for scanner and uasm to list
the files in the saveset right off the tape....

nsrjb -ln -f {tapedevice}  {volume}
scanner -S {ssid} {tapedevice} | /usr/lib/nsr/uasm -rnv | grep
{pathspec}

Using scanner reminded me that what you really should do is fix your
index up after the disk-full corruption ..

scanner -i -S {ssid}   {tapedevice}