Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows

2005-12-15 14:54:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:49:48 +0200
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:30:00 +0200, Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI> wrote:
> >
> >You can just copy the res directory over getting most of the config "with
> you"
> >You will also get away with copying the index structure.
> >Where you might or might not have a problem is in the mm as this
> >depends on the CPU byte ordering. As you did not tell us which UNIX
> >you are moving from I cannot tell if it would work.
> >

> We are running (not real familiar with UNIX)
> SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

OK, then don't copy mm, it will not work.

> Unfortunately they tell me I can not.  7.1.3 doesn't have a nsr.res
> nsrjb.res any more...it's in a db now!  I don't want the config - it's old
> and needs to be redone. I want the media db and indexes, that is what they
> say I definitely can not migrate!!!

No problem, just copy the res directory and start Networker and the structure
will be automatically converted for you.
Then reconfigure the device paths and the scsi address of the jukebox.

Before you doit though make a backup of the directory and you can then

Good luck
Dag