Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows

2005-12-15 14:46:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows
From: Kathleen Scalise <kscalise AT NA2.US.ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:41:45 -0500
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:30:00 +0200, Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI> wrote:

>> We are migrating Legato Networker from UNIX to Windows.  UNIX we are
>> running NetWorker 6.1.3Build 428 and on Windows we are running NetWorker
>> 7.1.3.Build 404.
>
>Bad move, performance wise.....

I know...wasn't my choice!!

>>> I have 'manually' created the clients using the client id's from the
UNIX
>> server.  That is about as far as I have gotten, I plan to create new
>> pools, groups, schedules etc (unless one of you wise posters from the
>> group advise me otherwise...but it really does need to be cleaned up).
>> Any tips/tricks that anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated!
>
>You can just copy the res directory over getting most of the config "with
you"
>You will also get away with copying the index structure.
>Where you might or might not have a problem is in the mm as this
>depends on the CPU byte ordering. As you did not tell us which UNIX
>you are moving from I cannot tell if it would work.

We are running (not real familiar with UNIX)
SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

Unfortunately they tell me I can not.  7.1.3 doesn't have a nsr.res
nsrjb.res any more...it's in a db now!  I don't want the config - it's old
and needs to be redone. I want the media db and indexes, that is what they
say I definitely can not migrate!!!

Thanks!