Networker

[Networker] Removing barcode from listing?

2005-12-09 19:46:33
Subject: [Networker] Removing barcode from listing?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 19:40:09 -0500
Is there a way to remove or change the bar code that's reported for a given volume without having to put a new physical bar code on the actual tape and re-inventory it?

I have a volume that I relabeled, and I forgot to first remove the volume. Since I didn't first remove it, it created the new volume and used the old bar code. I turned off bar code reader and matching bar codes before I labeled it, but it retained the old bar code and now reports that. I don't have a proper physical bar code label for it, so I'd like to just change it to null or no bar code. I can't remove the volume and relabel it since it now has data on it.

Thanks.

George

"signoff networker" in the