Networker

[Networker] Errors for client path ownership.

2005-12-08 11:34:52
Subject: [Networker] Errors for client path ownership.
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 07:29:05 -0800
Up until yesterday I had a client backing up local filesystems.
Until I can modify the local cluster, I changed the networker client
config to specify all potential filesystems instead of 'All'.

Now however, even the local filesystems no longer go.  When I probe
the client with -vv, I get messages like this:

savefs: path /var by default belongs to client clnt077-bkup and NOT client
clnt077-bkup!
savefs: Default client index for scheduled save will be that of clnt077-bkup.

So it seems to think there are two different clients with the same name?
I don't think that's true (not even two separate instances).  On a lark
I ran 'nsrck -L6' on the client in question.  As expected, that did
nothing.

I've verified that the config for the client on the server reports the
same client id that it has in the past.

What two things is the 'savefs' comparing here that makes it think that
it doesn't own that path?  I could put a 'pathownerignore' in there to
workaround this I believe, but I'd like to understand what it's doing.

This is Networker 7.1.1 (looks like the client is 7.1), both Solaris.

Thanks!