Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox inventory

2005-12-06 10:17:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox inventory
From: Terrence R Haupt <Terrence.Haupt AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:11:18 -0600
Typically I use a single drive.  i.e.

nsrjb -I -j"silo name here" -S "slot number or range 1-618 for example" -f
/dev/rmt/0cbn

This way I can select a drive that is not in use, and I wont use all 20
drives to do an inventory and lock down the silo from doing any backups.
As for inventorying a tape in use....  I have never seen this the
NetWorker sees it as a -* in the mount list, until you run an inventory on
it.

- Terry

Terrence R Haupt
SR UNIX Systems Administrator
Abbott
Desk 847-938-2375
Cell 847-878-1057

Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/06/2005 08:57 AM
Please respond to Legato NetWorker discussion; Please respond to Librado
Pamintuan