Networker

Re: [Networker] Release date for NW 7.3 ???

2005-12-01 02:04:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Release date for NW 7.3 ???
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:58:49 +0200
Citerar Scott Larsen <slarsen AT cascorp DOT com>:

> Dag Nygren wrote:
>
> > I have been running on 2.6 since 7.0 at the office. But this is a small
> > installation and
> > the combination is NOT officially supported....
>

> I guess the real gotcha is with Jukeboxes (fibre/scsi addressing in the
> 2.6 kernel).
>
> The upshot is that nsrjb commands to move media take 8 minutes to
> initialize... :(
> And that really sucks with a brand new IBM 3584 LTO-3 library that's
> supposed to be fast as lightning...

The reason for this is that the udev/devfs creates new /dev/sg?? when Networker
tries to find out which sg to use for addressing the jukebox. I edited the conf
file, limiting the number of /dev/sg:s to present and got rid of that problem. I
can post the edit needed when I get back in the office tomorrow if you are
interested.

Dag