Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap information Timing Quandry

2005-11-30 18:03:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap information Timing Quandry
From: Shawn Cox <shawn.cox AT PCCA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:38:18 -0600
Thanks so much, but i'm still a bit stuck. I think this is a logic problem. The bootstrap information always contains information that there are items on the adv_file devices... Even if it's just the server itself.

It's circular. If I backup the bootstrap info to disk, how can it ever know it's not on disk anymore... argh.

It seems almost that I'm going to have to backup my networker server directly to tape and skip the adv_disk, or use scanner after the fact to tell my recovered server where things really are. That's what is alluded to in the DR docs anyway.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!  Thanks to all.

--Shawn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Davina Treiber" <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>