Networker

Re: [Networker] Reading/writing SAIT1 tapes on Linux that were written by solaris?

2005-11-30 15:14:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Reading/writing SAIT1 tapes on Linux that were written by solaris?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:11:22 +0100
OK, the thing that SEEMS to solve the problem is to run "mt -f
/path/to/device status" just BEFORE the tape is loaded into the drive by
networker. What happens then is that networker can't read the drive, since
its already in use by mt. mt then returns the status as expected, and
networker ejects the tape because it couldn't read it. The interesting bit
is that when you load ANY tape after that has happened, it can read the
tape just fine! And no, this is no across-reboot persistent. :(

So, who should I talk to? The guy who wrote the QLA HBA driver? Novell?
EMC/legato? Spectralogic? My local pizza shop?

I'll probably try all of the above. :)

//Oscar