Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrclone/nsrstage script process

2005-11-22 04:14:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrclone/nsrstage script process
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:08:09 +0100
On Tuesday 22 November 2005 03:42, Kevin West wrote:
> I just want to check that I am on the right track in my understanding for
> the correct procedure in writing a shell script for cloning and staging.
>
> Cloning from adv_file: For off-site backups
>
> Use mminfo to find saveset id's
> mminfo -avV -omt -r'ssid' -q 'family=disk,written=0,copies=2'  > temp.file
> Then use the temp.file to clone each ssid to the clone pool.
>
> Questions.
> Can I clone 3 x ssids at once to 3 tape drives?

only one read stream
so

for i in 1..3
do
        copy ssid to tape<i>
done
: will give you 3 copies (if that is what you mean

and

do paralell:
        copy ssid1 to tape1
        copy ssid2 to tape2
        copy ssid3 to tape3
done

will not work (only one read stream is possible from the disk)

> If the cloning process was aborted is there anything to watch out for when
> the script runs next?

delete first any unfinished clone, the clflags will give you an indication
here. for some readon the copies count is updated while cloneing and not
after successfull cloning so the copies = 2 will not work if the faulty clone
is not deleted first.

> Or any other problem I am not aware of?
>
> Staging from adv_file:
> mminfo -avV -omt -r'ssid' -q 'family=disk,written=0,copies=3'  > temp1.file
> Then use the temp1.file to stage each ssid to the staging pool.

here you will neet ssid + cloneid to actually stage from the disk and not from
the colend tape

-r'ssid,cloneid' (use also -xc/ )

and always use: !ssrecycle,!incomplete in any query

> To free up disk space: remove ssid/cloneid from media db
> mminfo -avV -omt -r'ssid, cloneid' -q'family=disk, copies=4'| sed 1d | awk
> '{print $1"/"$2 }' > temp2.file

you can get the / between ssid and cloneid withe the -xc/ option of mminfo

--
Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.