Networker

Re: [Networker] 80 GB on AIT-4 tapes?

2005-11-18 21:39:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] 80 GB on AIT-4 tapes?
From: Matt Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:33:31 -0500

Not really the question.   If aim the same files at AIT-3 drives on
the other library, I get 140 gb per tape.
AIT-4 should get 200 gb native at least

~                                                                mht

Peter Viertel wrote:

| what sort of files are you backing up?
|
| I use SDLT's and we see gzip files actually get a little larger
| when using hardware compression whilst some other files compress
| much more than 2x.
|
| maybe you could try a test run using the bigasm directive.
|
| -----Original Message----- From: Legato NetWorker discussion

| | Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00 Vendor: QUALSTAR Model: |
| TLS-46120        Rev: 224b Type:   Medium Changer | ANSI SCSI
| revision: 02 Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00 | Vendor: SONY
| Model: SDX-900V         Rev: 0102 Type: | Sequential-Access
| ANSI SCSI revision: 03 Host: scsi2 | Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
| Vendor: SONY     Model: SDX-900V | Rev: 0102 Type:
| Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI | revision: 03 Host:
| scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00 Vendor: SONY | Model: SDX-900V
| Rev: 0102 Type:   Sequential-Access | ANSI SCSI revision: 03

body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain
copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not
the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any
attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank
does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files.
The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not
reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems

- --
Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/582-7820
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht AT research.dfci.harvard DOT edu
44 Binney Street,  LG300/300  http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!

"signoff networker" in the