Networker

Re: [Networker] 80 GB on AIT-4 tapes?

2005-11-18 20:01:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] 80 GB on AIT-4 tapes?
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:48:53 -0600
Matt,

We installed AIT-4 tapes about 2 months ago and in looking at the tapes that
are full it looks like we're averaging around 190 GB per tape (it varies
from 136 GB to 208 GB) with software compression.  What you're seeing is
about half of that so is it possible you don't have compression turned on?
I think the native capacity of AIT-4 is 100 GB so that would make sense.

Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon