Networker

[Networker] How to run an Incremental from a specific date?

2005-11-17 12:18:53
Subject: [Networker] How to run an Incremental from a specific date?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:18:03 -0500
Is there an easy way to tell NetWorker to back up all the files that have changed since a particular incremental using the GUI?

Case in point. Let's say I run an incremental on Monday for a particular group, and another on Tuesday, and for some reason I try to clone one of the save sets from Tuesday, but the cloning operation fails because it can't read the save set. If I run another incremental it will capture all the files since Monday. What I really want is to capture all the files since Sunday. The only thing I can think of would be to run a level backup, but this would go all the way back to the previous lower numbered backup which in our case would be the previous full. That seems like over kill? Would be nice if you could tell NetWorker to choose a particular incremental for a particular date.

Will this work: `save -s server -b pool -g group -l incr -t mm/dd/yy` if I run that command from the server, and mm/dd/yy is Sunday's date?

Thanks.

George

"signoff networker" in the