Networker

[Networker] nsradmin: adding and removing options without affecting existing values

2005-11-14 04:55:08
Subject: [Networker] nsradmin: adding and removing options without affecting existing values
From: "Jones, Stephen (East Kilbride) [OS-IE]" <CHRISTOPHER.JONES AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:30:58 -0800
Hi,

Does anyone know the best way of setting and unsetting options within NSR
resource fields that can have multiple values?

For example, if I wanted to add the "No index save" option to an nsr group,
how to I go about it without re-setting all the other options?

A test group has been setup with the options "Revert to full when SSC fails"
and "Verbose", as shown below:

  COMMAND:  print type: nsr group; name: TEST_GROUP

  OUTPUT:       options: Revert to full when SSC fails, Verbose;

When I update the options as below, I get the following results:

  COMMAND:    update options: No index save

  COMMAND:    print type: nsr group; name: TEST_GROUP

  OUTPUT:     options: No index save

The "update" command has actually replaced the original options with "No
index save", and removed the ones that were already there, i.e. "Revert to
full when SSC fails" and "Verbose"

What I need is the command that would create the following output:

Similarly, does anyone know how I would go about removing an option here.
For example, if I wanted to remove the "Verbose" option, but leave the
"Revert to full when SSC fails" and "No index save" values intact?

I want to be able to script these changes, so going into visual mode or
using the editor is not an option.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks