Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 Beta and Advanced File Type Devices

2005-11-08 18:12:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 Beta and Advanced File Type Devices
From: Siobhan Ellis <Siobhan.Ellis AT ENSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:00:17 +1100
>From the beta release notes:

Advanced File Type Device Enhancements
The following Advanced File Type Device (AFTD) enhancements have been
made:
* AFTD function now supports all concurrent recoveries by command-line
clients.
All save sets are recovered concurrently from AFTD by means of a
command-line
operation.
* An AFTD can be shared between storage nodes of the same platform in a
NAS/SAN environment, subject to certain configuration restrictions.

I see nothing about spanning volumes. However, I also know that DDS is
supported for AFTD, and that wasn't in these release notes either.

Siobhan

Siobhan Ellis
Senior Technology Consultant
Enstor
Level 10, 118 Alfred St
Milsons Point
NSW 2061
Australia

Mobile: +61 424 750 544
Phone: +61 2 9900 2100
Fax: +61 2 9900 2199
e-mail: siobhan.ellis AT enstor.com DOT au

>>> jonny AT UWO DOT CA 8/11/2005 6:24:17 am >>>

I was told by a networker sales person that in Networker 7.3 the
Advanced File Type Devices will span savesets over multiple devices.
This is a big issue in our world as we are constantly fighting AFT
devices filling up and causing issues. Can someone who got into the beta
testing confirm this and indicate how well it works. If there are any
issues or other interesting advances with AFT devices in 7.3 I would
like to hear about them to.

Thanks,
Jon

--
Jon Hickmott <jonny AT uwo DOT ca> (519) 661-2111 x 86025
Unix/Database Administrator for Information Technology Services (ITS)

type
"signoff networker" in the
if
you have any problems