Networker

[Networker] Tape in Ineligible for clone job

2005-10-24 12:14:33
Subject: [Networker] Tape in Ineligible for clone job
From: Rick Keller <Rick.Keller AT VISHAY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:06:32 -0400
Hello all:

I have searched most of the archives for this problems but was unable to come
up with anything.

Here it is: I started running a command line clone job with nsrclone. The job had just started writing to the clone tape, (labeled MV2326), when I accidently hit CTRL-C and aborted the job.

When I was ready to restart I dicided that I would use the windows GUI from nwadmin instead. However this time Networker complained that the original clone volume that it wrote to before, (MV2326) was now "ineligible" and it want's to relabel another tape to use for this job.

The original volume MV2326 is perfectly fine, it only has 10 GB stored on it. Does anyone know how I can tell the Networker server to use this volume ? In other words how can I make the volume "eligible" so clones can continue to this volume ?

I am running Networker 7.2 on Windows 2000 advanced server. My library is an ADIC 1000
with LTO1 drives.

--

Richard Keller

Lan-Telcom Administrator / Datacenter Operations

Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.

63 Lincoln Highway

Malvern, PA  10355

Tel: 610-251-5285