Networker

Re: [Networker] Dry run test of backups

2005-10-21 09:43:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Dry run test of backups
From: "Graham, John" <JOHN.M.GRAHAM AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:41:17 -0700
You could try using uasm with the -n option, the man page states that the -n
option will perform a dry run.

Extract

−n    Performs a dry run. When backing up, browse the file system, create
the save stream, but do not attempt to open any files. When recovering or
comparing, consume the input save stream and perform basic sanity checks,
but do not create any directories or files when recovering or comparing

file data.

Regards,

John