Networker

[Networker] NSR configuration

2005-10-21 06:52:04
Subject: [Networker] NSR configuration
From: Pulkit Dutt <pulkitdutt AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 03:36:50 -0700
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am not able to run incremental backup in my Ultrium drive.
Please tell me the configuration to be done in the Networker config file.
Please tell me the settings to be done in the Legato Networker.

I have to do incremental , full and differential backup....depending on my
requirements ....how can i use all of them....

Full is running but i am not able to run Incremental and differential backup..

Pleas help me its very urgent.

Regards
Pulkit Dutt
HUGHES,INDIA

Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM> wrote:> More complicated solutions can
use nsrmm to change the expiration date
> of a saveset on a volume, but if you had to leave the media in the
> jukebox and still wanted to keep it safe, it's probably easier to mark
> the mark the volume as readonly.

Note that 'readonly' will prevent normal backup data from being written
to a tape. It does not preven the tape from being recycled.

You need 'manual' for that if the volume remains online.

--
Darren Dunham ddunham AT taos DOT com

RegardsPulkit Dutt