Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging Question

2005-10-06 04:55:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging Question
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:53:01 +0200
Rag,

If I get it right what you would like (and what you do with rsync) is
incrementals only.

Incrementals only is not possible with networker and accessing the disks as
normal  data is pointless as the disks contain Networker saveset files and
not any data you can work with to simulate incremental only.

One very difficult road would be to go for consolidated fulls.

The most elegant solution would be to use rsync to a local disk and backup
disk one using legato to tape directly. (that is what you are doing now I
suppose).

Maarten